Sunday, November 9, 2008

Mary Comes to Visit!!

Aunt Mary came to visit for a few days. It was a blast. The kids were so excited to see her. I didn't tell them she was coming, since she came stand by and I didn't want them to be disappointed if she was not able to get on the flight. The kids went to the neighbors after school, because I was not yet home from the airport. When we got to the house, Mary hid in the basement, and I went to get the kids. When the boys came downstairs she popped out, and they all screamed "Mary!!" (Adam actually jumped into her arms) It was a cute sight. They were sooooo excited and happy to see her. They have sure missed her, and I think vice-versa. The kids had so much fun with with her. They are so lucky to have such a fun aunt!! It was a great visit and she was such a big help. She helped me get caught up on my never ending laundry and helped me think of some good organizing ideas. It was sad to see her go. We tried to do some fun things while she was here, such as trick or treating, the zoo, and we took her to the caves nearby. We also spent some fun evenings at Uncle Dan's where we had some yummy food!! We joked around that she brought the AZ heat with her, because we had some really nice warm days, not at all like fall. Ever since she has left, its been freezing, and even has snowed a little. (she came prepared for all the cold we were telling her about, boy was she wrong!!)

The Zoo
Mary bought them each a little stuffed animal, they were so excited!!

The Caves


Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Erin said...

I think Adam really loves his Aunt Mary. He is hanging on her in every picture. How cute! And so fun to have family visit!

Sharron said...

Isn't so wonderful to have an aunt who has the time and love to be that special somone in your life. I have one who is almost 80 now and she still has a special place in my heart and memories!

Kathy said...

I can't beleive how big your kids have gotten! I didn't even know you were living in Iowa. Is it OK if I put a link to your blog on mine?

Kathy said...

Of course...I think linking is cool. Everytime I find someone I know I get to see who else I haven't found yet. :-)

Courtney said...

I'm so glad you found our blog and that you started one as well. I had no idea you guys had moved out of state. It sounds like things are going well but interesting for you. Your family is adorable and I can't believe that Joey is 10 already but I guess I should have since he is that same age as Carina. My e-mail address is c_peterson23@yahoo.com.

Jeff said...

Do Mary and Bekah shop at the same shoe store?