I am posting more "catch up posts". I really need to stay more on top of things!!
The boys had a blast at their pinewood derby in Feb. Our branch didn't have a cub scout program till recently, and the boys are having so much fun. It has been really good for them.
Here is Adam with his "Bumblebee Car" His certificate said his car "was the car with the most sting".

Here is Joey with his car. His is always so creative looking with lots of colors. He has a fun time making it though. He put a decal of a tiger on the front. His award certificate said he had the "grrrrrr....eatest car"
Here is Adam with his "Bumblebee Car" His certificate said his car "was the car with the most sting".
Here is Joey with his car. His is always so creative looking with lots of colors. He has a fun time making it though. He put a decal of a tiger on the front. His award certificate said he had the "grrrrrr....eatest car"
The boys haven't been in cub scouts since July, and Adam joined scouts in May.....so Adam had never gotten his Bobcat. (our ward in Thatcher had a tough time meeting for scouts, so he had never really experienced cub scouts before this February) The leaders in our Branch held a cute ceremony while presenting the Bobcat, which included face painting. You can see Adam was thrilled about it....he couldn't wait to wash it off, he thought he looked stupid, I tried telling him it was fun. Oh well. (he'll probably be mad that put up the picture, shhhh! don't tell!) :)
Every year John has good intentions to make a great "winning car" for the derby, but something always comes up and the derby comes way too fast, and we never have the time. (We are usually painting, throwing on the wheels AND the weights last minute, hoping it all works out) So, someday we will have an awesome winning car.... probably with Luke! :)
There were only four boys who had cars in the derby, so there wasn't a whole lot of competition. The other two boys always won against our boys. It was more competitive when we raced Joey and Adams together; they took turns beating each other. Their cars were very comparable, probably because the same person helped. :) I love you John!! :)
Here is video footage of Joey's car vs. Adam's car

6 comments:
We love the Pinewood Derby. The boys are so big. They did a great job on their cars. Fun to see!
Hey guys I was looking at your blog and got sad that I dont really know your family any more. It was fun when you would go to my parents on sundays. We miss you guys but are glad you are doing well. Come see us sometime.Wow this comment might get my man card taken away kinda girly.
I'm afraid for the days that my boys will be doing the Derby. Jake spent 4 hours the other day painting a race car for Patrick from the dollar store...we are in trouble! ;) It sounds like everyone is doing great there, and we sure wish you were going to be in town soon too! Thanks for the thoughts, we miss you guys!
Love the girlie comment Joe!
Oh good old pine wood derby! those were the days! I have helped cut out so many of those little beggars! I have a friend in Holbrook who had her last boy (#6) a couple of months after Sarah was born. I heard that she just laid on the delivery table going, " oh no another boy. Three more pine wood derbies!" So funny, she could do anything but was evidently tired of that particular assignment of motherhood!
Nance, what's going on? You haven't posted in over a month!
I can see Nascar in the future......Go Dale Jr. #88
Post a Comment