Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Happy Birthday Adam!!

10 Years ago today, I fell in love with a beautiful brown eyed boy! He is such a joy in my life and always keeps me smiling. He comes up with the funniest things to say, and he's not even trying to be funny. I can always count on him to make me smile. :) Everyone needs an "Adam" in their lives.
I've been thinking all day about his rough start in life and how grateful I am for Priesthood blessings and for the power of prayer. We could definitely see the hand of the Lord during that trying time. Adam was born a little early (about 3 weeks), but it was such a critical time in his little life...he was not quite ready. His lungs were not developed yet and so he was airvacd to another hospital that was equipped with a NICU. It was so hard for me to see my little baby loaded onto a helicopter and sent away while I had to stay where I was...I so wished I could have gone with him. Luckily John was able to be with him most of the time, so I felt better about that.
Here he is, all ready to be shipped out.

His first helicopter ride

My first time to get to hold him almost a week after he was born (besides the quick minute right after birth before they whisked him away)


He was able to come home with us 10 days later...it was a long 10 days

A cute story: When Adam was turning five, I showed him all the pictures from his birth, and told him the whole story and he got all teary eyed and then asked "Mom, did I die?" I said, "no, silly! You are still here with me!" and then he said, "oh, good" as he wiped away tears. :)

Adam, you are now a HEALTHY and ACTIVE boy whom we love so much. Those big brown eyes melt my heart and I'm sure will do the same for many other girls! :) Ugg, don't want to think about that, I wish you could be my little boy forever!

Here are some things that Adam enjoys right now....He loves to tease his brothers and sister, but he can also be so gentle and loving...especially with Luke and Bekah. He loves hugs, and I think he holds the record for the longest hug. He still loves to build things with Lego's, and is very creative. He is a video game nut. I think it's time to start limiting the "game" time. He is just one happy, fun loving kid! A teacher a school described him best. She said to me, "Adam is my sunshine. As soon as he comes in, it just brightens my day" You brighten my life, Adam. We all love you so much!!!

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Sharron said...

Oh my goodness, two kids in the double digits, how do they get there so fast? He is a fun good looking boy. When the girls coming flocking, just feed him lots of garlic . . . remember that for all of your kids, you'll need it!

Happy Birthday Adam!

Unknown said...

I remember hearing about his lungs when he was born...so scary. He's definitely grown into a strong, cute kid. I love his reaction when you told him the whole story. Isn't it funny how kids think. Happy Birthday!

Unknown said...

Oh, this is Mariah. I stole Stephen's computer because I was sitting and didn't feel like getting up to go to mine. :)