Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas 2009

We must have been good this year, because Santa came, and he brought LOTS of presents!! We invited Mary and Sheila to come and share our Christmas with us. It was so much fun to have them and do our last minute shopping. (which I always say never again...that next year I'm getting done early!) I think we overdid it just a little. :) We really wanted to try to make this year special as it has been a hard one for our family.


Our traditional singing of "Happy Birthday to Jesus" before we go see the presents!!



Everyone got just what they wanted....Look at those happy faces!! :)



Christmas Dinner was delicious! Sheila made the most amazing turkey I have ever had!! I always get a little homesick during the holidays, so it was really nice to have Sheila and Mary here.


Sheila got Luke this awesome battery operated airplane. It can be controlled by the rider or you can control it by remote control. Luke is NUTS about airplanes. He was so excited when we got it out of the box! He kept handing Mary the pieces, we couldn't put it together fast enough!! Sheila looked at him and said "Merry Christmas!" and he replied "Merry Christmas!" just as plain as can be, which is huge for him since he is not talking very much just yet. :) It was so precious!!
We definitely felt a void this Christmas, and missed Mike very much!! Thank you Sheila and Mary for coming, together we were able to make it through this difficult time! I hope our family didn't drive you too crazy! WE LOVE YOU!! :)

No comments: