Our car was packed to the max and we got the biggest Uhaul they had and set off for our 3 day journey to Iowa!!
Hello Iowa!!
After the three day drive we were sooo happy to be out of the car. (Who knows when we'll make that drive again.) We were so blessed to have my parents come and help us move and get settled in. Thanks Mom and Dad. It was hard to see them go. We have never really been too far from home, so this is a new experience for us. John had a great opportunity to come work for his Uncle and we thought it would be a great adventure for our family. We are loving it so far. It is sooo pretty and green!! I'm sure we'll be singing a different tune when its 20 degrees below and freezing!!
My parents were so nice to watch the kids for the day so John and I could go to the Nauvoo Temple. It is beautiful. It was a special day for us, one I will always remember. Thanks Mom and Dad! We live only a couple hours from Nauvoo. We are so excited to be so close to so much history. Since we live so close to Nauvoo, I hope we'll get lots of visitors. PLEASE COME!!
First Day of School!!
The kids started school a couple weeks after we moved. They really like their teachers and are doing great and making friends. Joey started 4th grade, Adam 2nd and Jacob is in Kindergarten ( he goes all day and loves it!) They are so excited to ride the bus. John also started school the same day. He is going to the University of Iowa to get his Executive MBA. (one of the main reasons why we came) Sorry, No picture. :)
9 comments:
Your blog is wonderful. Thank you for the thank yous. We were so glad to do it and miss you guys something fierce! Love each other! Mom and Dad
good job Nance! You're on your way to blogging professionalism. It's fun, huh?
Nancy,I love it! I am so excited to check it and see how you guys are doing.
It doesn't seem you have been gone that long until I saw these pictures. Your kids are getting so big! We sure miss you guys, but are very excited for your new adventure! Happy to have you in the blogging world!
I love the house by the way. This is the first time I've seen it. So cute! I'm ready to plan a trip right now!
YAY!!! Good to see you! I can't beleive how much Bekah has grown. She is so beautiful! I'm excited to see what's new with you, via Blog. We can't wait to come visit when we go to Navoo.
I'm so great you started a blog! It will be so fun to keep in touch! Glad you made it and it sounds like you love it! That's awesome! We miss you and would LOVE you to come back Oct. 3rd for our 10 year reunion!! :)
So glad to see the newest pictures of all of you. Will write more later. Love & Kisses - Mom & Gma
Hi John and Nancy!! Your pictures are wonderful. Glad to hear everything is going well in Iowa. Good luck in school John.
Post a Comment