John is now 29!! He can no longer make fun of me for being so old!! :) (I know, we really aren't that old)
John had to go with the Youth in our Branch to do baptisms at the Nauvoo Temple that day, so we decided to go too so we could spend the day with him. We had to get up early, so he had a breakfast cake!! :)

While John did the baptisms, we did some touring. We visited the Blacksmith shop, and we each got our ring made out of a nail. The kids enjoyed learning about how they made the wheels for the wagons.
John had to go with the Youth in our Branch to do baptisms at the Nauvoo Temple that day, so we decided to go too so we could spend the day with him. We had to get up early, so he had a breakfast cake!! :)
While John did the baptisms, we did some touring. We visited the Blacksmith shop, and we each got our ring made out of a nail. The kids enjoyed learning about how they made the wheels for the wagons.
We also went to the gunsmiths house, and the brick house.
By the time the baptisms were done, the kids were done! I wanted to do more touring, but we were hot, thirsty and tired. Especially Luke!! We didn't realize that we would have 69 degree weather, which seemed really hot when your used to 20, and therefore dressed for that. It was beautiful though. I can't wait to go back and get some pictures with the kids in front of the temple. It was a perfect day!!
By the time the baptisms were done, the kids were done! I wanted to do more touring, but we were hot, thirsty and tired. Especially Luke!! We didn't realize that we would have 69 degree weather, which seemed really hot when your used to 20, and therefore dressed for that. It was beautiful though. I can't wait to go back and get some pictures with the kids in front of the temple. It was a perfect day!!

3 comments:
Carina always tells me that I am getting old (nice girl I know) and I keep telling her that I am nowhere near old even though I will be 30 in 3 months (still not old). Happy 29!
HOT! I don't think I have ever heard anyone call 69 degrees HOT! Thats funny.
Happy 29! That looks like a fun short trip to Navoo. I can't wait to go. Tim's parents mission to Navoo has been put off a little bit. They were supposed to go this month but his dad found out he has cancer. But it is getting taken care of and they hope to still go soon. I hope so too!
Post a Comment