Tonight, Joey received they highest award in cub scouting... The Arrow of Light. I am so proud of him and his hard work.
I am the cub scout master, and this was my first Arrow of Light ceremony and I wasn't quite sure what to do. I found a cute ceremony online, which included some face painting, and I think the boys enjoyed it. I tried to make the Arrow for the two boys, (Joey and Jordan) but I ran out of time...it was a crazy day, so they get to make it themselves! :) I'll miss having those two in cub scouts!
Joey and Jordan being silly
I felt really bad for Joey though because he missed the "ceremony" part of the pack meeting. Unfortunately, my children have gotten good at dealing with disappointment. John and the boys walked in just as we were finishing the meeting and were starting to clean up. Joey ran in and said, "I missed it, didn't I?" I felt so bad, I was fighting back tears, this was really important to him. I hate it when I disappoint my children. I hurried and painted his face, gave him his arrow, and took pictures and he seemed fine with that. What a good sport! I wish things could have worked out different. I tried to stretch the awards out, hoping they would walk in any minute, but it was activity night, and the young men and young women were needing to start at 7:00, so I was on a time limit. I AM SO SORRY JOEY!! I knew that it was a risk to have John bring the boys, he NEVER is on time to anything... It really was my fault though.
Tonight was our Blue and Gold banquet, so I had a lot to do to set up for the night and had to go early. I was very grateful for my great friend Erin who helped to set up. The primary presidency helped me with so much too...the table decorations, the food, the invites. They are so awesome!! It is difficult to be the only one in charge of the cub scouts, so I was extremely grateful for the extra help. The Branch presidency and Sis. Butters we also such a great help. Thank you all, I really could not have pulled the night off without all of you!! We really have such a great Branch!
Erin volunteered to make the cake. It turned out really cute! I love how she had the two different color of layers. The boys thought that was pretty cool. I wish I had my camera earlier so I could have gotten a picture before we cut into it. :) (John also had the camera)
Anyway, it turned out to be a great night and I think all the boys and their families enjoyed themselves. I know we all had plenty to eat!! :)
Project 365/Day 61

1 comment:
Nancy, Let's be honest. It was the Wicke's fault that Joey wasn't there on time. I am SOOOO sorry Joey!! I would have left early if I knew Bill wasn't there.
Post a Comment