Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Pinewood Derby

Bekah, Luke and I took a small road trip today as we went to the airport to pick up my parents in Peoria, IL. It took us a little over 2 hours, but it wasn't too bad. Luckily Luke and Bekah were perfect little angels. I don't think they drove my dad too crazy on the ride back home, It's good for him, right

Adam had his pinewood derby tonight. My friend Erin was so great to take the boys for some of the time while we were coming back from the airport. She has been such a great help. Last night her husband cut out Adam's car (since we always wait till the last minute) and she helped Adam put on the finishing touches this afternoon. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful friend, the Lord has blessed me so much!

Adam wanted his number to be 24, I guess he wanted it to be like Jeff Gordon's car. (Adam wanted me to take this picture just for you Uncle Jeff, he thought you'd appreciate it.)


Luke was so funny during the races, he started digging through my diaper bag, and found his wooden Choo Choo Train. He quickly grabbed it and held it up in the air yelling "Choo Choo Train, Choo Choo Train!" He ran right up to the track, wanting to put it on. Bro. Butler was so nice and after the races were over he let Luke race his Choo Choo Train. Luke was so proud!




Adam's car got 3rd place in the cub scout division. The young men and young women had a division, and the activity day girls and the elders quorum got in on the action too. (only the elders quorum had no rules...they got pretty creative)


I was glad my parents got to get in on all the action and get to meet some of the branch members. ( I feel bad that we never got any pictures...sorry mom and dad) We are excited to have you here!

6 days and counting!!



Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

conniepkeith said...

We enjoyed it. The super-powered elders' quorum cars were spectacular AND Luke's little train engine fit perfectly on the track and was actually compeititve. (We should use it as a prototype for next year's model.)