Friday, March 19, 2010

National Mississippi River Museum

The kids and I took my parents to the National Mississippi River Museum and Aquarium. ( It is one of our favorite places to visit). We had a great time showing them all the fish and the other wild life that can be found along the Mississippi River. I think my dad especially enjoyed learning more about the history of the Mississippi River. (my mom and I were too crazy chasing after all the kids) :) We had a lot of fun.

The William Black river boat on the Mississippi River.

The Museum also featured Mark Twain a little. There was a statue of Mark Twain outside, it took my mom and I a minute to realize that there wasn't a real person sitting on the bench. My dad sat down right next to him and started talking to him like they were old friends. It was pretty funny. It gave us all the giggles. (as you can tell by the silly picture) Maybe you had to be there. :) I just realized, my parents look like missionaries with their little admission stickers. :)

There was a tank where the kids got to touch a sturgeon. The kids love all the different fish there. The museum has huge tanks with ginormous fish, turtles, water snakes, and lots of other animals. There are even a couple of alligators.

After the museum, we planned on heading to Cici's pizza. We were all excited about it, then were quickly disappointed to find out it was closed. :( So we went to plan B... Red Robin. YUM! :) Thanks Mom and Dad for sharing this wonderful day with us!!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

conniepkeith said...

We had a really, really, great time. Glad you did too.