Sunday, February 7, 2010

Happy 30th Birthday John!!

We had a Superbowl party to celebrate John's birthday!! :) We had gotten some wings from "Buffalo Wild Wings" and then heated them up for the big game! It's always fun to see the "new" commercials too...at least the decent ones. John and I agree though that the Superbowl is a lot more fun to watch when you don't really care who wins. Last year's Superbowl was a little intense. :)

After the game we came upstairs to open presents and have cake (well, really pie). I had taken the kids shopping for John the day before, and they were all so cute to pick out just the right present...with a little help. :) Adam couldn't find what he was hoping for so he went with plan C (meaning plan A and plan B didn't work out) So he resorted to a set of "Toy Story" Lego's'. (I'm sure he was only thinking of John.) :) John has not seen the latest Harry Potter yet (The Half Blood Prince), so that was one thing he really wanted. Joey picked out for him the second book in the Percy Jackson series. At night John is reading Joey and Adam "The Lightning Thief", they want to finish reading it before they see the movie, they are really close to finishing it.

After John opened these two gifts he said "So, do I look like a Fantasy Geek?" Yes You Do!! He loves that kind of stuff!! Fantasy and Sci Fi, my favorite! :)

We all enjoyed this delicious chocolate pie that I slaved over!! (actually I had a little help from Marie Calendar) ;)

I hope it was the perfect day for you John! We love you, you're the greatest!!
Project 365/Day 37

Posted by Picasa

No comments: