So I've mentioned in other posts how we have been having a REALLY hard time totally potty training Bekah. She would never pee her pants, but she would always POOP in them!! This has been going on since May!! A LONG TIME!! Since May she has probably pooped in the potty a total of 10 times (you can imagine how fun that's been). Well, I have had enough and have been at my wits end. A friend of mine had told me awhile back to pray for guidance on what to do. Well, maybe I wasn't praying hard enough, but I have had enough!! I decided to try praying again because lately this has been a source of contention in this house. :) Well, I had an idea this morning, hopefully an answer to my prayers. We will see. I had the thought to check her panties every 15 minutes, and if there was something in there, put her on the potty and make her sit. ( I don't want to get to graphic) :) I did this all day and we went through NINE pairs of panties!!
Along with this thought, I felt like I needed to not make a big deal of it but just say "uh oh, time to go sit!! " and leave it at that! And if there was nothing in there I would give her hugs, kisses, praises and just make a huge deal out of it!! Now I just need to be consistent! Let's see how it goes!!
Sorry about all the "potty" talk! Oh and by the way, along with Bekah's NINE poopy panties, Luke had Four EXPLODING diapers...hence my "crappy" day!! I will be so glad when this potty training thing is over and I will never change poopy diapers again...well, at least until grand kids or when John gets old!! HA!!! ;)
Note: The picture above is NOT the soiled ones, they are clean, if you were wondering!! :)
Project 365/Day 32

1 comment:
SO FRUSTRATING! I wish you luck, we're still struggling with Garrett too. He'll be 4 next month, it's sooo time.
Post a Comment