We decided to stay home and have a nice, quiet, simple, family party for Bekah. John stopped by Papa Murphy's for some take n' bake pizza on his way home from school. (so good) Whenever anyone would ask Bekah what she wanted for her birthday, she would say "Um, purple". I guess she wanted anything purple? :) I had a hard time finding "purple" things, so I just picked out things I knew she would love, such as Barbie movies. She has been wanting the 12 Dancing Princesses for a long time, and I was finally able to find it. (It took a couple tries at a few stores). We also got her one of those Zhu, Zhu pets. (Little toy hamsters, I guess they were all the rage at Christmas, and our Walmart had just gotten a shipment and they were on sale so I thought "why not"). I guess there is a warning on those hamsters that says to be careful not to get close to hair. Well, within five minutes it was tangled BAD in her hair. We had to cut the little section of hair that had gotten tangled in the wheels under the hamster. Bekah was screaming, not because she was in pain. She just kept crying, "Don't cut my hair!!" Luckily it was a small enough piece you don't really notice it. :)
The BIG 4 year old. (she was trying to hold up four fingers). All she wanted was a "purple" cake. I tried my best, she thought it looked purple so I guess that's all that matters. :)
She couldn't wait to watch her Barbie movie and play with her "play" makeup. She would put some on and then run to the mirror to make it looked okay.
Project 365/Day 29

3 comments:
Happy Birthday Bekah and have a wonderful year!!
She's so pretty! Looks like you are enjoying where you live! Wish you were closer! Your family is growing so fast!!`
We're so impressed with your project! You're doing a fantastic job at keeping up on the posts. Don't stop. I guess you proved the hair warning on the pet hamster? Did you know we were planning a road trip to Iowa until mom told us you were going to Brazil during Spring Break? That kind of changed our plans. Maybe summer huh?
Post a Comment