Sunday, January 3, 2010

Joey's Birthday Adventures

Joey was "King of the Day!". We let him choose what he wanted to eat and where he wanted to go. For breakfast he requested bubble bread (caramel rolls) and homemade cocoa. (a boy after my own heart. I told him when I was a little girl I would always choose to have those same two things for my birthday breakfast) :) Later in the day we drove out to Davenport to continue the fun. We stopped at Red Robin for dinner. It's a favorite!! :)

We noticed when Joey started to order off the kids menu, it said for kids 10 and under. We teased him and told him that he couldn't order from it, but our waitress said she wouldn't tell. :) I guess restaurants just got more expensive for us. No More Kids Menu.


Of course we made sure Joey was sung to. He enjoyed the ice cream sunday they brought out to him. (eating ice cream when its below zero does not sound that enjoyable to me)

Then we were off to the skating rink to test how talented we were. It's definitely different to skate on ice than it is with roller blades and roller skates...or maybe it's just been a while for me. :) I did not feel very confident, so poor John took charge of Bekah and Luke.

Then we found that they had these cool walkers for the kids, and John was able to have a little more fun without hanging kids on him. Bekah and Luke were having a blast with these. They were so funny to watch. Luke didn't have skates, he was just in his boots, so he was really cruisin' around. :) (see video below)
Joey and Adam were doing pretty well considering both of them have never skated at all.


WIPE OUT!!

Adam had a lot of these, but he was a good sport!! :)


By the end we all had somewhat mastered the ice!
We hurried home to finish the family party by opening presents and having cake and ice cream.
We were at Wal-Mart the day before Joey's birthday and Joey saw this cake on the clearance rack and decided that this was his cake. That made it easy on me. :) Only now, though, I think everyone wants an Insectasauras cake. (From the movie Monsters vs. Aliens)
We were not prepared with candles so John found these number candles in the cupboard. He says it totally worked, because 0+1+8+2= 11! :)
We all had a great time and a fantastic day, but I was exhausted!! After cake it was off to bed! I thought the boys had gone straight to bed, but when I went to go check on them this is what I found. It was cute because they were all together on the top bunk in bed with Joey with lights out watching him play his new game (dad included). I hated to break it up since they were all getting along so well and they were having such a great time, but I had already had to many nights of going to bed at midnight AND we had early morning church, so mean mom struck again! :)


Bekah and Luke skating

No comments: