Friday, January 1, 2010

"Don't forget baby Jesus!"

Sometimes your kids do things that help you see that maybe your not so bad of a parent...or maybe it has nothing to do with parenting and they're just great kids despite whatever parent you may be. I'd like to think the first! :) Anyway, this Christmas season Jacob has once again showed me what a special spirit he is. I had a really hard time getting into the Christmas spirit this year, and didn't put up any decorations besides the Christmas tree. Usually I put up a Christmas village on the piano and decorate the rest of the house and put up the Nativity. No one seemed to notice that I neglected to put these up, and it just seemed like too much work the closer we got to Christmas. Christmas Eve, right before we started our special things we do Christmas Eve night, Jacob came to me and said, "We can't forget about baby Jesus" He noticed that we did not have up the Nativity. I agreed that it just did not feel like Christmas, so together we put it up on the piano in place of the Christmas Village. It felt so good to have it up, I don't know why I didn't do it earlier. I know that I have learned a great lesson from this, and hope that I will never forget baby Jesus again, and I hope you won't either!!

Another sweet thing Jacob did, was Christmas morning he realized that Santa didn't bring Grammy or Aunt Mary anything. We told him that Santa probably didn't notice that they were here, and that their gifts were probably back home in Gilbert, AZ. He looked at his two Wii games and said, I don't need two games, I can give them one of mine. :) My heart just melted. What a sweet Boy!! I just love him to death!!!

Here's some other fun things from the month that I have neglected to post! :) Hope you all have a wonderful New Years!!

THE GINGERBREAD HOUSE



Joey's snow cave
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Sharron said...

That is a wonderful story, thanks for sharing it. It seem top get harder for us every year. Maybe I should try now to prepare and have that spirit in our home all year long?

conniepkeith said...

This is so good, Nancy - all of it. Be sure to keep it up. You are going to love looking back on it. Your style is really funny - the way you comment on what has happened and how it made you feel. (The questions you send out to the cosmic universe.) Reminds me of the emails sent back and forth in "You've Got Mail."

Your kids and life really do give you a lot of material. Loved the picture of the mouse. I remember being there when the traps were set... Maybe there was a reason you stopped seeing droppings.